Re: [ 024/173] drm/i915: add Ivy Bridge GT2 Server entries

From: Jonathan Nieder
Date: Sat Dec 29 2012 - 03:21:08 EST

Ben Hutchings wrote:

> This adds PCI ID for IVB GT2 server variant which we were missing.

As discussed at [1], this triggers a small regression with Debian
wheezy userspace (X freezing instead of erroring out). libdrm hasn't
been updated in wheezy since then, and I wouldn't be surprised if
other distros were affected, too. Has there been a kernel patch since
then to avoid that?

Though I wouldn't mind seeing this applied anyway, FWIW, as long as
the announcement mentions the userspace bugfix needed.

Thanks,
Jonathan

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.bugs.general/978320/focus=74843