Re: [GIT PULL] x86/uapi for 3.8

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Sat Dec 15 2012 - 18:46:49 EST

Anybody see anything else?

And why do we have to call the get-time calls so early? Couldn't we
move them later and avoid all the crazy "let's create silly magical
page tables just for the idiotic EFI problems".

We need them anyway... actually the whole point of that patch is to try to *remove* silly magical page tables just for EFI and use another set of silly magical page tables we need anyway (for S3 resume, SMP bootup and so on.) Reducing the sheer number of silly magical page tables has been a priority for some time -- I want to get it down to one if we can.

-hpa