[Query]: sched/fair: prio_changed_fair()

From: Viresh Kumar
Date: Wed Nov 07 2012 - 02:48:51 EST

Hi Ingo/Peter,

I am trying to understand the complex scheduler code and just found
something incorrect (maybe i am not reading it well):

File: kernel/sched/fair.c

static void
prio_changed_fair(struct rq *rq, struct task_struct *p, int oldprio)
{
if (!p->se.on_rq)
return;

/*
* Reschedule if we are currently running on this runqueue and
* our priority decreased, or if we are not currently running on
* this runqueue and our priority is higher than the current's
*/
if (rq->curr == p) {
if (p->prio > oldprio)
resched_task(rq->curr);
} else
check_preempt_curr(rq, p, 0);
}

Comment says that we must mark the task to be rescheduled, if we
are currently running and our priority has decreased. But in code we
are checking (p->prio > oldprio). i.e. reschedule if we were currently
running and our priority increased.

Sorry if i am wrong :(

--
viresh