Re: kernel BUG at kernel/sched/core.c:1465!

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Thu Sep 20 2012 - 14:12:56 EST

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 10:10:45AM -0700, Tejun Heo wrote:
> Yeah, it's powernow-k8 migrating kworker to a different CPU. It's
> really curious that there are multiple reports of this in this cycle.
> Nothing on workqueue side has changed and powernow-k8 has been
> broken for very long time. The only way this can get triggered is by
> contending on fidvid_mutex in powernow-k8. I suppose something changed
> in such way that this happens with some regularity. Have no specific
> idea what. Anyways, mainline should be okay now.

Yep, it is. I'm running with it for a couple of hours already and no
issues.

Btw, we'd normally investigate why powernow-k8 b0rkage appears now
but after the next merge window, that functionality is moving to
acpi-cpufreq so powernow-k8 should really be only for K8s then.

We'll see how that whole thing pans out as late as 3.7-rc cycle.

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.