Re: kernel BUG at kernel/sched/core.c:1465!

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Thu Sep 20 2012 - 13:10:42 EST

Hello, guys.

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 02:58:01PM +0200, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> commit c5c473e29c641380aef4a9d1f9c39de49219980f
> Merge: 925a6f0bf8bd 6889125b8b4e
> Author: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Wed Sep 19 11:00:07 2012 -0700
>
> Merge branch 'for-3.6-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tj/wq
>
> Pull workqueue / powernow-k8 fix from Tejun Heo:
> "This is the fix for the bug where cpufreq/powernow-k8 was tripping
> BUG_ON() in try_to_wake_up_local() by migrating workqueue worker to a
> different CPU.
>
> and this is exactly the same BUG_ON I'm hitting. and powernowk8_target
> is in the stack trace so it has to be the same issue.

Yeah, it's powernow-k8 migrating kworker to a different CPU. It's
really curious that there are multiple reports of this in this cycle.
Nothing on workqueue side has changed and powernow-k8 has been broken
for very long time. The only way this can get triggered is by
contending on fidvid_mutex in powernow-k8. I suppose something
changed in such way that this happens with some regularity. Have no
specific idea what. Anyways, mainline should be okay now.

Thanks.

--
tejun