Re: [alsa-devel] snd-intel-hda: screaming IRQ with 3.5.3 kernel (HDMI)

From: Chris Rankin
Date: Mon Sep 10 2012 - 06:34:27 EST

----- Original Message -----
> Did you try any workaround boot options such as irqpoll, pci=nocrs or whatever?

No, because wouldn't "irqpoll" have forced polling for every IRQ on the box? I need to avoid polling on the video card's IRQ because it noticeably impacts the responsiveness. (I assume that the kernel switches to polling the device instead when it disables the IRQ anyway).

I didn't try "pci=nocrs" because I didn't know about it. I can try that tonight.

Cheers,
Chris