Re: [BUG][3.4.10] Conflicts between initializing my USB devices andmy IDE devices

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Sun Sep 09 2012 - 11:22:20 EST

On Sat, 2012-09-08 at 18:25 -0400, David Miller wrote:
> The IDE layer does not handle shared interrupts properly at all,
> and it never will be rearchitected to do so.
>
> This is a well known issue.

Come to think of it, I believe I even reported this exact same bug
before :-/

> Please disable IDE in your configuration and use the PATA drivers
> instead, which are able to handle shared interrupts properly.

OK, will do. Hmm, I wonder if my previous build had this change and
after updating to 3.4 stable, I re-enabled IDE. For my work machines
(workstations and laptops) I have a single repository. I could have
enabled the IDE to get something working on another box and forgot about
it when I updated the problem workstation.

Thanks and sorry for the noise.

-- Steve