Re: rcu stalls seen with numasched_v2 patches applied.

From: John Stultz
Date: Tue Aug 07 2012 - 13:09:59 EST

On 08/07/2012 05:33 AM, Srikar Dronamraju wrote:
Hi,

I saw this while I was running the 2nd August -tip kernel + Peter's
numasched patches.

Top showed load average to be 240, there was one cpu (cpu 7) which
showed 100% while all other cpus were idle. The system showed some
sluggishness. Before I saw this I ran Andrea's autonuma benchmark couple
of times.

I am not sure if this is an already reported issue/known issue.
So Ingo pushed a fix the other day that might address this:
http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=people/jstultz/linux.git;a=commitdiff_plain;h=1d17d17484d40f2d5b35c79518597a2b25296996

But do let me know any reproduction details if you can trigger this again. If you do trigger it again without that patch, watch to see if the time value from date is running much faster then it should.

thanks
-john