Re: 0xB16B00B5? Really? (was Re: Move hyperv out of the drivers/staging/ directory)

From: valdis . kletnieks
Date: Sat Jul 21 2012 - 19:21:49 EST

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:03:59 +0200, richard -rw- weinberger said:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM, KY Srinivasan <kys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Thank you for your interest in fixing this problem. When we decide to change this
> > ID, we will conform to the MSFT guidelines on constructing this guest ID.
> >

> I'm wondering why it hasn't been conform to the MSFT guidelines from
> the very beginning on?

It's a lot easier to sneak something cute into code when it isn't maintained in
git repositories and mailing lists readable by everybody and their pet llama.

I'll admit to not doing a *lot* of extensive review, but I try to at least read
Kconfig patches (mostly out of self-defense so when I do a 'make oldconfig' I
get presented with something useful ;) - and it's amazing how often I spot
issues in stuff that's presumably already had several pair of eyeballs look at
it already.

Probably what happened - some programmer had a 60 hour week, wrote the code on
a Friday and had a sudden attack of the sillies, and it went through a code
review meeting, but they had to cover 800 lines of code in a one-hour meeting
so nobody looked *too* close...