Re: [QUESTION ON BUG] the rcu stall issue could not be reproduced

From: Dan Carpenter
Date: Fri Jul 20 2012 - 04:38:54 EST

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 04:24:25PM +0800, Michael Wang wrote:
> On 07/20/2012 02:41 PM, Dan Carpenter wrote:
> > My bug was fixed in March. There was an email thread about it when
> > the merge window opened but I can't find it...
> Hi, Dan
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Currently this issue won't appear because the
> CONFIG_RCU_CPU_STALL_TIMEOUT=60, which is big enough to avoid the
> warning info.
>
> So is this the fix you mentioned? or someone has find out the true
> reason and fixed it?

I don't think there was an email thread on the RCU stall issue after
all. I'm not sure what how it was fixed.

The 60 second time out would have still triggered with my bug. It
was a complete system hang, the RCU stall message was just a
debugging hint. I was hitting the bug every couple days reliably on
all my systems.

regards,
dan carpenter