Re: Linux 3.5-rc7

From: Alan Cox
Date: Mon Jul 16 2012 - 10:32:13 EST

> But go forth and test. Make sure it's all good. Because I really wish
> I won't have to do an -rc8.

Crahses and burns on Intel Poulsbo systems with a blank screen.
Fortunately I know why - your tree is short the patch for it that went to
Dave some time before -rc7. I'm just testing that v -rc7 now on the psb
boxes.

More strangely I also now get no backlight on one of the other
boxes despite it passing testing in previous -rc releases. I'm digging
into that but I do have an apparent workaround which just disables
backlight support as before on the relevant chip.

Alan