Re: Need of automatic scripts for beginners

From: Greg KH
Date: Fri Jun 15 2012 - 13:55:00 EST

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 11:20:56PM +0530, Anil Nair wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> > It comes with your distro.. all I was saying is that they're not always
> > as useful as one might want them to be.
>
> Which distro are you using? If anyone can make a general menudriven
> bash scirpt with all the compilation options and with proper
> documentation that would be good. If its not recommended then its ok.
> I just intended those who begineers have no clue where to begin with i
> had difficult trying to compile and configuring the kernel in the
> beginning.

You do know that there's a book out there, "Linux Kernel in a Nutshell",
which is free online, that describes how to do all of this? Why not
look at that?

Also, each distro has their own install kernel script, some works better
than others. I know the distros I use work just fine :)

thanks,

greg k-h