Re: gma500: Cannot find any crtc or sizes - going 1024x768

From: Alan Cox
Date: Wed Jun 13 2012 - 06:31:56 EST

> My company is using these cpu bords for our products:
> http://www.congatec.com/en/products/qseven/dView/conga-qa6.html
>
> With firmware you mean BIOS or VBios or ...? If you tell me what you need, I may
> ask our supplier for more informations. I can tell you that the
> following options can be
> changed in the BIOS regarding gfx - see
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/btlciurz0ih4fhu/IMG_20120612_143431.jpg

The basic question is:

Does this device use the Intel BIOS way of reporting mode information,
or the embedded "GCT" style.

If you look in oaktrail_device.c you'll see it tries mid_chip_setup() and
then if that fails to find data it calls psb_intel_init_bios(). Which is
in use. Also if the mid style one is in use what happens if you change
mid_get_vbt_data in mid_bios.c so that it just does

vbt->size = 0;
return;

Alan