Re: [patch -linus] regmap: REMAP_IRQ should select IRQ_DOMAINitself

From: David Rientjes
Date: Wed May 23 2012 - 20:36:37 EST

On Wed, 23 May 2012, Mark Brown wrote:

> > Multi-level pure selects *should* work correctly. So you can select
> > stuff that then in turn selects other stuff - and that should all be
> > fine.
>
> They're supposed to, and mostly do, but there's been some fragility
> there. That said there's not been anything recently, perhaps I just got
> hit with fallout from some development that was going on.
>
> > It's *dependencies* that do not work.
>
> Right, and nor are they supposed to since it's not clear what they
> should do. That's a completely different thing.

So my patch to select IRQ_DOMAIN for REGMAP_IRQ is correct since
REGMAP_IRQ now requires IRC_DOMAIN since the commit listed in the
changelog.

What's fragile is going around and adding "select IRQ_DOMAIN" to
everything that does "select REGMAP_IRQ". So I removed that and just made
IRQ_DOMAIN select REGMAP_IRQ itself.

So can this be merged or what's the issue?