Re: [GIT PULL 0/4] perf/annotate loop detection V2, fixes

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
Date: Fri Apr 27 2012 - 12:07:42 EST

Em Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 05:48:57PM +0200, Peter Zijlstra escreveu:
> On Fri, 2012-04-27 at 12:31 -0300, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
> > Yeah, there are some unused graphical chars. But perhaps we should just
> > use â again?
> >
> > 0.00 ââââ c0: cmp %rax,%rbx
> > 0.00 ââ mov %rax,%rcx
> > 0.00 ââ â âje 5dd
> > 0.00 ââ cc: test %rcx,%rcx
> > 0.00 ââ â âje da
> > 0.00 ââ mov 0x8(%rcx),%esi
> > 0.00 ââ shr $0x4,%esi
> > 0.00 ââ sub $0x2,%esi
> > 0.00 ââ da: mov %rcx,0x10(%rbx)
> > 0.00 ââ mov %rcx,%rax
> > 0.00 ââ cmpl $0x0,%fs:0x18
> > 0.00 ââ â âje ed
> > 0.00 ââ lock cmpxchg %rbx,(%rdx)
> > 0.00 ââ cmp %rax,%rcx
> > ââ
> > 0.00 âââââââââ } jne c0
> >
> > Does it still stands out? I think so, we expect a letter there,
> > something very different is there, matching the other down arrowsome
> > columns to the left.
>
> That just looks daft.. what's wrong with the single up/down arrow?

Yeah, that too, or perhaps we can bring the instruction column closer to
the jump column and then that makes it stand out better?

> Also, can we keep all this on the list please?

Is doing the trick with keeping the arrows, etc, readable here, I'll
check what is wrong with git-send-email that corrupted the messages when
I tried using it to post patches.

- Arnaldo