Re: v3.4-rc2 out-of-memory problems (was Re: 3.4-rc1 sticks-and-crashs)

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Mon Apr 09 2012 - 21:52:13 EST

On 04/09/2012 09:52 PM, werner wrote:
At least until now, and also tested hard by starting and stopping
several memory-consuming operations, I'm happy to can inform that the
computer didnt yet crash again, and that also slownessnesses what I
observed under 3.3 (but without crashs) don't occur

That could be due to a few VM patches which I wrote, that
went in through -mm.

I am very interested in whether people do find a way to
break the VM with those patches, in ways that used to work
before.

If you find any, please let me know so I can fix them
before the 3.4 kernel comes out.

If everything you try works better than before, I'm not
going to complain about good news :)

--
All rights reversed