Re: v3.4-rc2 out-of-memory problems (was Re: 3.4-rc1sticks-and-crashs)

From: werner
Date: Mon Apr 09 2012 - 21:49:07 EST

At least until now, and also tested hard by starting and stopping several memory-consuming operations, I'm happy to can inform that the computer didnt yet crash again, and that also slownessnesses what I observed under 3.3 (but without crashs) don't occure and kmemleak (or a similar name) what sometimes started and I had to shut down under 3.3 for recover normal speed, I dont see longer, so that the the patch suggested by D.R. and L.T. cured the crashs (at least phenomenologically). For be sure, however, it's still too early, only if the computer dont crash until tomorrow.

If there is found an agreement about something else what's senseful to test out, I can do that.

wl
---
Professional hosting for everyone - http://www.host.ru