Re: PROBLEM: USB regression on TS-7800 board

From: Andrew Lunn
Date: Sat Feb 04 2012 - 06:14:53 EST

On Sat, Feb 04, 2012 at 02:27:18AM +0100, Ambroz Bizjak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've had problems with using newer Linux kernels with the TS-7800 ARM
> board. Since kernel 3.0.0, USB storage devices are not recognized, and
> errors are reported. See attachments for kernel output.

Hi Ambroz

Thanks for the regression report.

I don't have any Orion5x hardware, i only have kirkwood based
machines. So its very hard for me to test these changes.

I've spotted one thing which looks wrong. Please could you test
this. Its not a fix, just a proof i'm on the right track.

In arch/arm/plat-orion/common.c

/*****************************************************************************
* EHCI
static struct orion_ehci_data orion_ehci_data = {
.phy_version = EHCI_PHY_NA,
};

change this to

.phy_version = EHCI_PHY_ORION.