Re: 3.0.18 tcsetattr on fd 0 when detached freezes system (RCU timeouts)(Centos 6.1 x86_64)

From: Professor Berkley Shands
Date: Thu Feb 02 2012 - 17:09:41 EST

I built my .config from the redhat .config provided in 2.6.32-131 using make oldconfig.
that failed miserably. I then used one based on 2.6.39.4, which actually booted, but I get these
lockup errors, RCU timeouts, ...

The system died right away on the tcsetattr(), (which also did not return any error).
And my simple test case crashed all the time. Looked rather suspicous...
Now after a week, *ALL* my 3.0.18 boxes lock up (other than sitting IDLE, any load eventually
causes the system to stop scheduling). That is 32 core 6282's, 3.46GHz Nehalems, 2.3 GHz 2374's...
I have to assume the tcsetattr() is an artifact at this point.
Without building all the kernels in between 2.6.32.55 and 3.0.18, I needed a starting point
for the .config that works. Usually it is something unnoticed that needed to be updated
that make oldconfig didn't point out. Things do change that I can't keep current on. :-)

So it appears that it has to be my configuration. Hence the request for a .config I can compare against to see
what is wrong / misconfigured / not configured etc.

Berkley