Re: 3.0.18 tcsetattr on fd 0 when detached freezes system (RCU timeouts)(Centos 6.1 x86_64)

From: Michael Tokarev
Date: Thu Feb 02 2012 - 03:36:50 EST

On 31.01.2012 23:04, Professor Berkley Shands wrote:
> Very strange. Now boxes with NO OFED, no Intel-10 Gige and no special drivers are locking up.
> If your kernel is Red Hat compatible, could you please send me a copy of the .config so I can try to
> isolate this more?

Why are you writing to me personally? I just
tried your code and can't find the problem you
see, and I replied to the list. Cc'ing to the
list now.

I don't understand what is "redhat compatible".
I use kernel from kernel.org, currently at version
3.0.18.

Did you try my small "reproducer" - does it lock your
machines too? I provided complete code which is
compilable and runnable, unlike your version which
lacked some context.

Thanks,

/mjt