Re: [GIT PULL] ib_srpt: Initial SRP Target merge for v3.2-rc1

From: Nicholas A. Bellinger
Date: Sat Nov 05 2011 - 14:04:20 EST

On Sat, 2011-11-05 at 08:37 +0100, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Nicholas A. Bellinger
> <nab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > This is the PULL request for an initial merge of the ib_srpt driver
> > using mainline target infrastructure into v3.2-rc1.
>
> In case anyone is interested, the most important unaddressed comments
> for this version of ib_srpt are:
> - There are still too many module parameters. This makes ib_srpt
> harder to use than necessary because several of these parameters can
> only be set at module load time.

Can you be more specific here..? I went through the module parameters
and made the ones that where used in a per-port specific context into
configfs attributes as Roland recommended, but it seems like you are
saying that more should be made into attributes. Which ones..?

> - The last WQE event can arrive before the queue pair is reset,
> resulting in a hanging session and blocking future logins
> (http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-rdma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg09678.html).

Yep, was going to get this resolved post merge along with my patch now
in lio-core.git to address active I/O shutdown with ib_srpt.

> - The "ib_srpt: Convert srp_max_rdma_size into per port configfs
> attribute" contradicts the I/O controller concept. This is a bug.
> (http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-rdma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg09677.html).

As mentioned in the thread, I deferred to Roland's input on that one.
So you're saying this should be made back into a module parameter now,
or what..?

--nab