Re: [GIT PULL] ib_srpt: Initial SRP Target merge for v3.2-rc1

From: Bart Van Assche
Date: Sat Nov 05 2011 - 03:37:31 EST

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Nicholas A. Bellinger
<nab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is the PULL request for an initial merge of the ib_srpt driver
> using mainline target infrastructure into v3.2-rc1.

In case anyone is interested, the most important unaddressed comments
for this version of ib_srpt are:
- There are still too many module parameters. This makes ib_srpt
harder to use than necessary because several of these parameters can
only be set at module load time.
- The last WQE event can arrive before the queue pair is reset,
resulting in a hanging session and blocking future logins
(http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-rdma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg09678.html).
- The "ib_srpt: Convert srp_max_rdma_size into per port configfs
attribute" contradicts the I/O controller concept. This is a bug.
(http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-rdma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg09677.html).

Bart.