Re: [patch v3 14/36] Hexagon: Add signal functions

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Fri Sep 09 2011 - 04:13:06 EST

On Thursday 08 September 2011 20:09:01 Richard Kuo wrote:
> +/*
> + * Signal context structure - contains all info to do with the state
> + * before the signal handler was invoked.
> + */
> +struct sigcontext {
> + struct pt_regs sc_regs;
> +};

I've recently discussed this with Martin Schwidefsky for an unrelated reason,
but I think now that you should define the sigcontext independent of pt_regs.
The pt_regs should really be internal

> +struct sigframe {
> + unsigned long pad[2]; /* Used to be signal tramp */
> + struct sigcontext sc;
> + sigset_t mask;
> +};
> +
> +struct rt_sigframe {
> + unsigned long pad[2]; /* Used to be signal tramp */
> + struct siginfo info;
> + struct ucontext uc;
> +};

I hadn't noticed this earlier, but I think you can remove the struct sigframe
definition. There should be absolutely no need to have both sigframe and
rt_sigframe.

Arnd