Re: [ANNOUNCE] 3.0-rt1

From: Maarten Lankhorst
Date: Sat Jul 23 2011 - 16:02:39 EST

Hi Dietrich,

On 07/23/2011 08:57 PM, Sven-Thorsten Dietrich wrote:
> On Jul 22, 2011, at 6:05 PM, Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
>
>> On 07/22/2011 10:37 PM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
>>> Dear RT Folks,
>>>
>>> I'm pleased to announce the 3.0-rt1 release.
>>>
>>> Changes versus 3.0-rc7-rt0:
>>>
>>> * Update to Linus final 3.0 release
>>>
>>> * RTC bugfixes (scheduled for mainline/stable)
>>>
>>> * Long standing (rt only) timer_list bug (see
>>> timers-avoid-the-base-null-otptimization-on-rt.patch in the split
>>> out quilt queue)
>>>
>>> * Minor non exciting fixes all over the place
>>>
>>> Known issues:
>>>
>>> * Some weird "console=..." commandline + config dependent
>>> interactions which have been not yet investigated down to their
>>> root cause. Result in a boot hang. YMMV
>> Sweet, works here :)
>>
>> Only the nvidia driver fails to build because of rtmutex and migrate enable/disable being GPL only, you might want to reconsider the GPL only status of them.
> Can you reconsider using nVidia ?
You see, I've been living two lives. In one life, I'm Maarten B Lankhorst. I work on wine, and since a week or so I've been working on nouveau. And I... help fix kernel bugs that I'm affected by. My other life is in computers, where I go by the hacker alias ROFLGAMER, participating actively in computer simulated environments and am playing graphic intensive games using wine. Unfortunately when I do that I just want things to work, nouveau keeps getting better all the time, but wine's d3d is a lot more tested with the nvidia blob. ;)

~Maarten