RE: Regression in handling of unsafe UBI shutdown

From: Mike Hench
Date: Wed Jul 20 2011 - 08:10:45 EST

> UBIFS: recovery needed
> Error reading superblock on volume 'ubi:RootFS'!
> UBIFS not mounted, use ubifs mount to mount volume first!
> Wrong Image Format for bootm command
> ERROR: can't get kernel image!

Be nice to know what error.
FWIW:
a) I do not see this. I have very limited experience with 3.0-rc7 though
so maybe I should not say anything :-)

b) sometimes UBIFS decides to do recovery in u-boot, sometimes not.
it seems to depend on the type of content in the journal.
Lots of deleted files seem to trigger u-boot to perform a recovery for
instance.
I was running out of memory In u-boot while replaying the journal
at one point with an older kernel. This produced the same top level
error.
I run 12 megs now, with a 2gigabyte flash. I think that is overkill.

Work with u-boot with the 'bad' flash.
There is debugging in there, but I forget how to turn it on.

Mike Hench