Re: [Patch] mm: make CONFIG_NUMA depend on CONFIG_SYSFS

From: Cong Wang
Date: Tue Jul 19 2011 - 03:06:42 EST

ä 2011å07æ19æ 14:54, Eric Dumazet åé:
Le mardi 19 juillet 2011 Ã 14:20 +0800, Cong Wang a Ãcrit :

Hmm, since we don't have to enable SYSFS for NUMA, how about
make a new Kconfig for drivers/base/node.c? I.e., CONFIG_NUMA_SYSFS,
like patch below.

I dont quite understand this patch, nor the idea behind it.

You can have a NUMA kernel (for appropriate percpu locality or whatever
kernel data), and yet user land processes unable to use numactl if SYSFS
is not enabled. I dont see a problem.

Both Pekka and Mel pointed out that it makes sense to have NUMA kernel
without SYSFS, this means sysfs interface is not a must for NUMA kernel.
Thus, I think it makes sense to separate the numa sysfs code out.