Re: [GIT PULL] Fix common misspellings

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun May 29 2011 - 14:56:15 EST

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 11:07 PM, Lucas De Marchi
<lucas.demarchi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please pull the following fixes for common misspellings. This patch is shorter
> than the other time, but larger than I expected, partially because there were
> some new entries in the dictionary.

This pull request is probably perfectly fine, but since I'll be
travelling with a rather weak laptop next week, and there were some
complaints about the cross-subsystem merge problems that the big(ger)
spelling fixes caused last time around, I'm afraid that I ended up
feeling that it's easier for me to ignore this pull request at this
time.

When I'm back from traveling,. and if this release window turns out to
be quiet and problem free, I might decide that I'll pull some trivial
spelling fixes during a later -rc phase. On the other hand, I might
also go for being very strict about the -rc's too, so no promises.

Because I might just try to make 2.6.40 (or whatever I'll call it -
I'll throw some mental dice before cutting the -rc1 later today) be
one of those nice "strict and stable and as little excitement as
possible" releases. The merge window itself has been pretty calm so
far, I think, which is a good thing.

Linus