Re: [build failure] Re: [GIT PULL] sound updates for 2.6.39-rc1

From: Mark Brown
Date: Tue Mar 22 2011 - 12:41:42 EST

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 05:00:55PM +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> Btw., ldo_regulator_remove() returns an int, but none of the call sites make
> use of the return value. Also, ldo_regulator_remove() can only ever return 0.

Yup, the return value is a complete waste of time. But that's a
separate issue and a separate patch if someone wants to spend the time
on the driver.

> More importantly, it would be cleaner to wrap the !regulator case by making
> sgtl5000->ldo NULL (this should already be the case) and making
> regulator_unregister() available in the !REGULATOR case as well, as an inline
> stub.

Yeah, though I'm a bit ambivalent on stubbing only one half of the pair
it'd not be a real problem. And obviously there's a trivial text size
saving from compling out the unregistration code entirely. Separate
patch again, though.