clearcache (Was: Re: [git pull] vfs pile 1)

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Thu Jan 13 2011 - 05:43:03 EST

Hi Christoph,

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 03:55:47 -0500 Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How did cleancache end up in linux-next again?

Um, I asked after the last merge window (on November 17, cc'ing you, Al
and Linus) and the only reply I got was from Dan saying that he was
hoping to work more on it with some chance of being ready for 2.6.38 ...

So, let me ask again:

"I didn't really follow the discussion at Kernel Summit, but there seemed
to be some question as to whether the cleancache stuff will be merged or
not. It missed 2.6.37 (obviously), but my question now is do I keep in
in linux-next in the hope that it will be merged in 2.6.38? Or is that
not going to happen?"

(The cleancache tree has not changed since October 9 last year.)
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx