Re: [8/8, v5] NUMA Hotplug Emulator: documentation

From: Shaohui Zheng
Date: Mon Nov 29 2010 - 21:54:39 EST

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 01:19:16PM -0500, Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 17:17:58 +0800, shaohui.zheng@xxxxxxxxx said:
> > From: Shaohui Zheng <shaohui.zheng@xxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > add a text file Documentation/x86/x86_64/numa_hotplug_emulator.txt
> > to explain the usage for the hotplug emulator.
>
> Can you renumber this to 1/8 if you resubmit it? It helps code review if you
> already know what it's *intended* to do beforehand. It also helps drinking
> from the lkml firehose if you can read 0/N and 1/N and know if it's something
> you want to review, otherwise you read 0/N, have to go find N/N, read that,
> then go back and delete 1/N through N-1/N.
>
> (Sometimes, the 0/N cover isn't enough - reading the documentation actually
> fills in enough blanks to make you go "Wow, this *is* applicable to something
> I'm working on...")

When I send the previous version, I always add the full documentation in 0/N
patches. The feedbacks, suggestions, and modifications are all included in 0/N
patch. it makes it as a very long text, so I decide to remove the full documentation
from 0/N since we already send these docs in early version, it get the 0/N patch
much smaller.

I will still keep the full documentation in 0/N, and renumber 8/8 to 1/8. Thanks
for the remind.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Shaohui