Re: linux-next: manual merge of the msm tree with the arm tree

From: Nicolas Pitre
Date: Mon Oct 18 2010 - 17:18:24 EST

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010, Daniel Walker wrote:

> I guess your assuming I send my pull request after Russell's, which
> isn't necessarily true, and I'd rather not have that dependency if I
> don't have to.

Look, we're not establishing a straight rule here -- just figuring out a
way to move forward. What we're asking you to do is either ask RMK to
pull your tree now, or wait until RMK's tree has hit mainline so you can
pull Linus' tree and fix the issue yourself before asking Linus to pull,
or whatever. Is some collaboration on your part for this particular
issue too much to ask for?

Nicolas