Re: Horrible btrfs performance on cold cache

From: Chester
Date: Mon Oct 11 2010 - 12:24:23 EST

I think I read/heard somewhere that snapshots can cause pretty bad
fragmentation, because it causes your system to write changes to files
to random locations on the disk, leaving the original inodes intact..
For that reason, I have replaced the directories ~/.config/chromium ,
/var , /usr/portage with subvolumes, so they will not be included in
snapshots.

It seems like chromium opens much quicker now, but it's still a long
way from what it was on ext4