Re: kgdb errors with serial console

From: Elvis Dowson
Date: Thu Oct 07 2010 - 18:56:41 EST

Hi Jason,

On Oct 8, 2010, at 2:37 AM, Jason Wessel wrote:

> Looks to me like you did not activate the kernel debugger before using
> gdb to enter, because the gdb you are using is not going to send the
> "sysrq g" sequence.

Will it not be activated and wait with the following boot args?

mmcargs=setenv bootargs console=${console} vram=12M omapfb.vram=0:4M omapfb.mode=dvi:${dvimode} omapdss.def_disp=${defaultdisplay} root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootfstype=ext3 rootwait kgdb=${console} kgdboc=${console} kgdbwait

After specific the following commands in .gdbinit, I am able to get properly formatted messages in the Eclipse IDE

set remotebaud 115200
set remoteflow 0
set debug remote 1

Best regards,