Re: active memory - ok, but per process ?

From: jovi zhang
Date: Mon Sep 13 2010 - 20:55:28 EST

I'm not a vm subsystem experts, but maybe I can give my own comments.
Actually it's hard to maintenance per-process active pages. active
pages include many file page caches, not only per-process pages, these
caches don't belong to any process.(like some share library code
page).
So apparantly there have many common active mm through all process. is
this active mm number useful for you?
Maybe you can take some useful number like RSS & VSZ .(ps aux)