active memory - ok, but per process ?

From: devzero
Date: Mon Sep 13 2010 - 17:29:12 EST

Hi,

pardon - a user question, most likely for vm subsystem experts.
I`m searching for this for a while and don`t know any further.....

as we know ,

cat /proc/meminfo |grep Active
Active: 139916
kB

gives the " Memory that has been used more recently and usually not reclaimed unless absolutely necessary."

I wonder - isn`t there a way to break that down on a per-process basis ? (to see which process is the most active memory "consumer")

regards
Rolandï