Re: [RESEND/PATCH 5/6] USB: musb-gadget: complete request only ifdata is transfered over

From: Sergei Shtylyov
Date: Mon Sep 13 2010 - 12:27:45 EST

Hello.

I wrote:

But why not modify the conditional above all that code, just excluding
'is_dma' from it. This conditional already includes (request->actual ==
request->length) check. Please recast this patch.

The two condition is OR relation, not and, so we can't exclude 'is_dma' simply.

Yes, we can. You're clearly handling only the DMA case with your added check, the PIO case was already handled.

Anyway, the change is not wrong, right?

Not wrong, but the check is duplicate.

Oops, I've been too fast and haven't realized that the check done here _is_ actually wrong. It causes ZLP send to trigger too fast in the DMA case. So please fix this patch. Felipe, please drop it for now.

WBR, Sergei