Re: disabling group leader perf_event

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Wed Sep 08 2010 - 02:19:41 EST

On 09/08/2010 04:44 AM, Paul Mackerras wrote:

So... I would be interested to see you add the case for the MOV
instruction. :)

x86 32-bit segmentation.

Unfortunately those are limited to i386. With some care we could use them on x86_64 (temporarily switch the address space to include the "bytecode" and its data at the lower 4G, execute a far call to the bytecode, etc.

It's cumbersome though, and will make context switches to the bytecode quite slow.

signature is too narrow to contain.