Re: Resetting USB HC .. During kernel boot

From: Alan Stern
Date: Thu Sep 02 2010 - 10:26:49 EST

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010, Prabhu Chawandi wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to reset the USB HC while the booting is happening. I have
> the register details and functionality with me, but not sure which
> part of the code to insert this segment.
>
> please advice me ...

Why do you want to do this?

Anyway, it depends on what type of host controller you're talking
about. UHCI controllers are already reset during boot. The same is
true for PCI-based EHCI and OHCI controllers (except on certain PA-RISC
systems).

I haven't checked the various non-PCI controllers.

Alan Stern