Re: pull request: wireless-2.6 2010-08-19

From: Joe Perches
Date: Thu Aug 19 2010 - 16:37:55 EST

On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 22:08 +0200, Jan III Sobieski wrote:
> I really like the new Linus policy - merge window is closed - only bug
> fixes are admitted.

This patch fixes a defect introduced during the merge window.

Some of the logging messages used %pM to emit a MAC address.

%pM outputs "xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx"
%pm output "xxxxxxxxxxxx"

When the message forms were standardized,
strings were lower cased, introducing this defect.

> IMHO this policy will result in a significant
> increase in stability.

There have been previous discussions on stability
vs change.

I think it's unnecessary to rehash them.

cheers, Joe