Re: pull request: wireless-2.6 2010-08-19

From: Jan III Sobieski
Date: Thu Aug 19 2010 - 16:08:52 EST

Hi,

2010/8/19 Joe Perches <joe@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 20:16 +0200, Jan III Sobieski wrote:
>> I wonder when the madness linked to the trivial patches will end up.
>
> Think of the children!

No, I don't want to think about children ;)

> May I suggest linux 2.2?
>
> Seriously though, standardization is a good thing.
> Minimization of errors, new and existing, is too.

IMHO such changes may cause errors. Trivial patches are simply noise.

I really like the new Linus policy - merge window is closed - only bug
fixes are admitted. IMHO this policy will result in a significant
increase in stability.

The next step should be to reject trivial patches. If you want to
align text to the right in the comments - you can put these changes to
-KernelHackerWannaBeTree.

Please do not take this as personal attack. No offence here.

> cheers, Joe

Regards,
Jan

--