Re: Setting up Silicon image 3114 in DMA mode

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Wed Jun 30 2010 - 20:33:32 EST

On 06/30/2010 08:30 AM, amruth pattanada wrote:
Hi
I need some clarification regarding read DMA data from silicon image
controller. How do know that DMA transfer happened and where to look
for the data after the transfer. Should we look at BAR2 channel X Task
file register data word or look into allocated DMA buffer which is
specified in the PRD table. I am reading 0x00 in the PRD table scatter
gather list and it hangs in the when I tried to read data word of
channel task file register. Please let me know how to read data buffer
after the DMA is complete.

Teaching you how to write a non-Linux driver is outside the scope of linux-ide and linux-kernel. This information is covered by the freely available Silicon Image documentation, and SiI support should be able to assist you further beyond that.

Jeff