Re: Hardware Error Kernel Mini-Summit

From: Nils Carlson
Date: Tue Jun 15 2010 - 16:49:29 EST

On Jun 15, 2010, at 9:35 PM, Andi Kleen wrote:

But there are bugs. And correcting them is so prohibitively
expensive that I don't even want to think about it. And when

Something is wrong in your setup then.

No, something is wrong with the BIOS. ;-)

<long snip>

Could you maybe give me an example from the board of your choosing
of a DMI table print out, explain the format and then show how to use it?
I'd like to show it to our BIOS writers. Ideally, maybe somebody could
post a good suggestion for a standardized format? (Though that's very
optimistic, but maybe cpu vendors can make suggestions to board makers?)

/Nils