Re: Dell Studio 1555 eject key does not work ( small patch to fix included )

From: Islam Amer
Date: Fri Jun 11 2010 - 09:28:54 EST

Rezwanul,

I've updated my bios to A11 and installed a new unmodified kernel. The
issue still persists that the eject key produces "dell-wmi: Unknown
key 0 pressed" in the dmesg output and it doesn't work.

It is possible that Ubuntu is including patches to fix stuff. The
latest patch for the Lucid kernel at
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/l/linux/linux_2.6.32-22.36.diff.gz
does include patches that touch wmi and dell-wmi code, but I can't
find a specific change that would fix this issue.

I might try to selectively apply patches from it and see if it gets fixed.

Thanks.