Re: cpqphp: NULL ptr deref in cpqhpc_probe

From: Alex Chiang
Date: Thu Jun 10 2010 - 19:28:47 EST

* Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 04:34:36PM -0600, Alex Chiang wrote:
> > But I seriously think it's just time to rip this driver out
> > of the tree. If anyone is actually using this driver to do
> > hotplug, I will personally buy that person a full half-barrel
> > of Colorado's finest microbrew of choice in order to numb the
> > pain of making poor career decisions. Hell, we can drink it
> > together, during which time I'll hack on the driver. The code
> > surely can't get any worse.
>
> A real user found this problem on their machine, so you might
> have to go buy that barrel. Jiri has more details on that :)

Well, I went and read the bz before responding, and the user did
say that he wan't interested in the actual hotplug aspect of it.
;)

> Me, I gave the machine that had this hardware in it to
> osuosl.org a long time ago, odds are, it's still being used by
> some group.

Oh, I don't doubt that someone is using the hardware to do
something useful. But I do doubt that anyone's using the hotplug
driver. It's been in various stages of brokenness for several
years now.

/ac