Re: Suspend hangs since 2.6.34

From: Michael Tokarev
Date: Thu Jun 10 2010 - 02:05:16 EST

10.06.2010 03:42, Rafael J. Wysocki ÐÐÑÐÑ:
On Wednesday, June 09, 2010, Tino Keitel wrote:
Hi,

as of kernel 2.6.34 I sometimes get a strange hang during suspend to
RAM. After echo mem> /sys/power/state, the suspend script hangs, Xorg
eats 100% CPU, and the desktop is frozen. I can kill the script and the
computer will then suspend and resume fine. The kernel log shows
nothing interesting when the hang happens:

usblp0: removed
usbcore: deregistering interface driver dvb_usb_vp7045
dvb-usb: Twinhan USB2.0 DVB-T receiver (TwinhanDTV Alpha/MagicBox II)
successfully deinitialized and disconnected.
PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.

Sounds very much like the problem I have with 2.6.34 final. Did not
happen with 2.6.34-rc7 which suspended just fine, but happens quite
regularly on 2.6.34 final - not every suspend but each 2nd or 3rd
attempt. I stopped doing suspend-to-ram due to this, because it's
unreliable. Suspend-to-disk works just fine.

Is this a known problem?

No, it's not.

I had rock stable suspend with 2.3.33.x. The
computer is a Mac mini Core2 Duo with i945 graphics. I use KMS. I will
compile a kernel with suspend debug to get more information if the hang
happens next time.

It's amd780g athlon-based machine here, with radeon graphics, also with KMS.

Yes, please try to get more information.

Got it ;)

/mjt