Re: [GIT PULL] arch/microblaze fixes for 2.6.35-rc3 v2

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Jun 08 2010 - 20:29:31 EST

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> Seems like you will have written more angry emails than there will be
> new commits in 2.6.35-rc3 ;-)

Well, partly in order to be fair. I did consider letting architectures
like microblaze just off the hook entirely - it's not like it will affect
a lot of people. But at the same time, I don't want to be in the situation
that some people get to send me patches just because I don't happen to
think that their changes will matter to most others.

And at this stage, I'd rather be too strict than too lenient. If -rc3 has
no new regressions, and fixes the ones that hit people worst, I'll be very
happy. I can be more open to patches after I get back, if it turns out
that I was _too_ strict for -rc3.

As to the number of "no, I won't take it" emails, I suspect a large part
of that is simply because most developers (understandably) do not read
lkml, stauing mostly on the development lists that are more specific to
their particular area. As a result, there's no real way to reliably reach
people, and I end up sending basically the same message several times.

Which obviously tends to also then make the messages more cross ;)

Linus