Re: [git pull] drm fixes

From: Al Viro
Date: Mon Jun 07 2010 - 17:33:21 EST

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 02:17:23PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> jffs2_clear_inode(inode);
>
> into
>
> make_bad_inode(inode);
> iput(inode);
>
> and that changelog doesn't really explain it either ("fix leak"? Ok, I can
> see the iput() fixing the leak - but you also did that jffs2_clear_inode()
> change, and that has no explanation what-so-ever.

The final iput() calls ->clear_inode() (jffs2_clear_inode in case of jffs2)
and the inode has just been created, with no other in-core references
existing. Basically, that call was the only part of (required) iput() that
_was_ done there ;-)

FWIW, what's happening around ->clear_inode()/->delete_inode()/->drop_inode()
is a mess. This leak got found when I'd been looking through that crap;
results of sanitizing are in #evict_inode (vfs-2.6.git). I'm going to shift
that into for-next tomorrow, assuming it survives local beating. For now
I've just pulled jffs2-fixes in it...