Re: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Sun May 23 2010 - 14:39:00 EST

From: Markus <M4rkusXXL@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, May 23, 2010 at 06:29:32PM +0200

> Hello!
>
> I have a system running, now its running a 2.6.34 but it also happend
> with 2.6.33.x and 2.6.32.x.
> I hit a BUG and the whole system hang. I had to reboot and the console
> was to small to show the full BUG.
> But now I got the framebuffer setup and could write the following dump
> down (by hand, so there might be some typos or so, I have a "screenshot"
> if you have a specific question)
>
> The system is a amd64 phenom X4 with 2 x 4GB non-ECC RAM and a raid6 for
> / and a data-partition as well as a raid1 for swap.
> I ran memtest86+ 4.0 and it showed no errors for two passes.
>
> An hour before that BUG I saw a lot of async-processes.
> It happens round about once a day, will check if its the same or similar
> the next time.
>
> But any hints are greatly appreciated! (How to solve or how to get
> needed informations.)
>
> Thanks,
> Markus
>
> PS: Please CC me.
>

> [64112.493940] BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at 0000000001912178

Ok, I'm looking at that oops and am trying to follow what happens but in
order for all to fit the 0000000001912178 value above should actually be
0000000001912a78, if I'm not mistaken.

Can you please check if that's the case or send me that screenshot you
mention above. Better yet, can you catch that oops over a serial console
or a netconsole or similar?

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,