Re: [PULL REQUEST] Ext2, ext3, and quota updates for 2.6.35-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri May 21 2010 - 14:53:17 EST

On Fri, 21 May 2010, Jan Kara wrote:

> Oops, I've just found a bug in one of my ocfs2 fixes. I've fixed that up
> so the new diffstat is here:

I already pulled your previous version.

And btw, Jan, I'm getting pretty upset with your apparently cavalier
attitude to filesystems. We've had several bugs lately for some quota or
filesystem "cleanups", which in at least one case caused corrupted
filesystems etc.

You need to be a hell of a lot more careful, or I will have to stop
pulling from you. Filesystem bugs are _major_ no-no's.

How long had that buggy commit been tested? By who? Was it acked or
reviewed by anybody else?

Linus