Re: [GIT PULL] x86/atomic changes for v2.6.35

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Wed May 19 2010 - 15:01:18 EST

On 05/19/2010 09:18 AM, Paul Mundt wrote:

> No, the problem isn't solved, you apparently overlooked the part of
> Geert's mail that point out that the test fails to build on architecures
> that _do_ have atomic64_t. All of arm/parisc/powerpc/sh select
> GENERIC_ATOMIC64, suggesting that the test itself was only ever tested on
> x86 and never on the generic implementation. While that may be par for
> the course these days, it's still pretty poor form.

I don't see any atomic64_t issues in the ARM, PowerPC or MIPS builds --
which doesn't mean they're not there, but if so they're obscured by
other errors. m68k is missing #include <asm-generic/atomic64.h> in
<asm/atomic.h>, and SPARC64 and S390 seems to have issues due to missing
<linux/kernel.h> in atomic64_test.c; the latter is indeed a bug in the
test and yes, should be fixed.

-hpa